CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Women of Steel Triathlon


Swim 300 meters - Bike 11 miles - Run 3 miles - Finished 2:03

Ok....so we have trained for months; swimming, biking, running, working out, getting babysitters, pushing kids in strollers, getting up early,leaving kids and family's to train for this triathlon...you get my drift. Anyways, the day before the big day I get deathly sick! Really, really, really sick. I lost 5 pounds just on Friday. Well, do or die I decided to risk it all and go anyways. Thanks to all my cute friends that pressured me into doing this in the first place, offered up the most sincere prayers for me. So with no energy, nothing in my body, I went and finished the race and live to tell about it! Wow! It truly was a miracle and I am grateful that I got to complete the race. I guess it was all in the journey of it...but had I not been able to complete the journey would have made me sad.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I need some friends like yours to even get me going! Phil and I have talked about doing a marathon, but we never get time to train (actually we just don't find time we love sleep to much!!)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Sheena! You were my hero that day. You showed what can be done with determination and will power. I know you must have felt drained. I can't wait until our next one, and I'm actually a little excited about the half marathon in August! Yeah!

Natalie said...

SHEENA, You are my hero! You always keep going no matter how tough life gets! Congrats on the Triathlon! Love YA!

The Cook's said...

Wow you are amazing, I wish I had have the energy you do!! Good Job sorry to hear about jaxon and his appendix.